Thursday 3 October 2013

Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Shine-Prune in Fire Review

 "Luscious texture aqua shine effect" -YSL

So this is my first ever Yves Saint Laurent lipstick, well actually it's my first ever YSL product ever! SO this little bad boy is pretty pricey at £24.50 from Debenhams but is it really worth it? That's why I'm here!

Let me just start off by saying "OH MY GOD!" The packaging is to die for, it's the prettiest packaging I've ever seen. It comes in a shiny gold box which just shouts 'high end!'. Inside is the matching gold product packaging, with the colour of the product wrapped around the middle with the YSL logo deeply engraved all the way around it in gold. The product is fairy heavy, so you can tell it's high quality.

The product itself is smooth and creamy, maybe a bit to creamy to wear over the summer, but I wouldn't wear this exact shade in the summer months anyway. It glides on like butter and make my lips feel so soft and moisturized. The colour is very opaque so only one coat is needed and you don't have to pair it with a lip liner to make the colour more bold. It has an intense shine which I love in a lipstick, it also last hours without having to reapply.

Often the smell of a product would put me off but it only has a subtle hint of mango which smells yummy. It contains Candelilla wax combined with silicon oils which sheathes the lips in a shiny film coating that enhances the colour. It also has Hyaluronic acid microspheres to help seal in moisture and prevent lips from drying out.


Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Shine Lipstick contains an all-in-one cocktail of lip care, for lips that are increasingly beautiful, comfortable and plump.Overall I would say it's worth the money, I wouldn't suggest going tout and buying every colour at once it's definitely a splurge item!



 The Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Shine in Prune in Fire* £24.50 via Debenhams




No comments:

Post a Comment