Friday 11 October 2013

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation-True Ivory Review

"Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation Anti-Fatigue effect + Radiant Glow SPF 15 " - Rimmel London

The Wake Me Up Foundation is my everyday go to foundation, I wouldn't go a day without it (Unless I'm not going out the house) I love this foundation I've found myself repurchasing this item over and over; Summer and Winter! I've tried many other foundations but I've always found myself going ba
ck to the Wake Me Up foundation, if you've seen my tutorials you will know it's one of the only foundations I use in my tutorials; I very rarely use anything else.

Let's start off with the packaging, as always. I love the curved edges of the product, it makes it look a lot more sleek and almost more "lady-like" as ladies have curves. the bottle itself is made of clear glass so it nice and heavy and you can see how much product you have left. The lid is bright orange which helps it stand out, which I love since I always have trouble finding stuff when it's shoved in my travel makeup bag! The signature Rimmel London crown is embossed onto the top of the lid and down the side of the glass bottle also embossed it says Rimmel London! The pump lets out the perfect amount of product, I use one pump just on a day and 1 1/2 - 2 pumps for a night out or for a costume makeup tutorial.

Worn here with Porefesional primer and one heck of a blot powder
The formula it's self is quite thick but in a good way, it blends out super easy, I tend to use my Real techniques Buffing brush but I have also used my hands and a beauty blender and I've never had any trouble blending it in. I would say this has medium coverage but it is buildable! I tend to use this with my Benefit Porefessional Primer and by the end of the day it does come off around my nose area, but so have many other foundations I've used (I have oily skin).

As for colour I usually use True Ivory over the summer and ivory towards winter, I'm still currently using true ivory even though it's a tad to dark for my skin colour but the powder I use is really pale so it balances out. It doesn't leave the skin looking orange or feeling cakey but it does have a slight shimmer to it which I don't like, after applying my powder it doesn't show but I think it's odd for a foundation to have shimmer in it. It does have SPF in it which is great not just for summer but all year round because even though it's colder the sun is still out.

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation *8.99 Via Boots

1 comment:

  1. AMAZING REVIEW! :D
    it's seems a nice foundation!
    i wish there were more available drugstore products in my country ;(

    ReplyDelete